- Clearbit launched the beta version of its ChatGPT plugin.
- Through the plugin, users can ask ChatGPT to identify website visitor data for high-fit accounts and uncover lookalike companies.
- Additionally, the plugin can identify specific contacts and draft highly personalized emails.
Clearbit, a B2B data activation platform, launched the beta version of its ChatGPT plugin, which is designed to bring Clearbit’s data to ChatGPT to help make it a valuable tool for sales, marketing and operations professionals.
While ChatGPT is powerful, go-to-market teams currently can’t fully capitalize on its potential due to its out-of-date data and its limited knowledge of the world and events after 2021. And, according to Clearbit, the AI tends to “hallucinate,” producing answers that seem accurate but are ultimately incorrect.
The ChatGPT plugin allows Clearbit customers to use their API to access de-anonymized website visitors via Clearbit Reveal and find best-fit website visitors. Specifically, users can:
- Ask ChatGPT for lists of specific companies or people from Clearbit’s Discovery and Prospector API, which can help find key contacts or identify high-fit unknown companies;
- Look up companies visiting their website and find relevant contacts in the specific roles; and
- Craft a custom email in minutes.
“With this plugin, anyone — be it a marketer, sales professional or even a curious individual — can now create and utilize the same complex sales and marketing workflows that were once reserved for the most highly technical growth teams,” wrote Zachary Swetz, Group Product Manager at Clearbit, in a blog post. “It breaks down the walls that have long separated the technical growth hackers from the rest of the business world.Clearbit's ChatGPT Plugin signals the beginning of a new chapter in the world of B2B data — a world where all marketers can turn data into demand with the help of AI.”