Video production continues to grow in the B2B marketing space and among business large and small. In fact, the new 2018 Video in Business Benchmark Report from Vidyard revealed that video usage in sales conversations grew from 25% to 37% over the past year and the number of businesses incorporating videos into their emails and landing pages increased by 10% and 11%, respectively.
For the report, Vidyard collected and analyzed anonymized first-party data from more than 250,000 videos published to its video platform throughout 2017.
Additional findings show that:
- Most businesses are publishing an average of 33 videos per month, almost double the previous year’s rate of 18%;
- 36% of businesses are using intermediate or advanced video analytics;
- The best time for video sharing is Tuesday between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. EST, as video consumption is highest early in the day and in the middle of the week;
- Product videos, demos and explainer videos comprise the three most popular types of video;
- 75% of all videos published in the last year are less than two minutes long;
- 89% of video views are on a desktop, compared to 11% on mobile devices; and
- Company size does not have a direct correlation on video production — smaller organizations with under $5 million in annual revenue are creating the same, if not more, videos than companies with more than $250 million in revenue.
“[Businesses] are no longer asking if video is a worthwhile investment but how to leverage it in a scalable and strategic manner that helps them achieve their business goals,” said Michael Litt, CEO and Co-founder of Vidyard, in a statement.