Act-On Software Releases Automation-Based SMS Channel
- Written by Michael Rodriguez
- Published in News Briefs
Act-On Software, a growth marketing automation platform, unveiled a fully integrated SMS automation channel built directly into its platform. The solution seeks to help marketers build SMS-automated campaigns ahead of time and send direct messages immediately for real-time, personalized mobile engagement.
The SMS channel allows users to send messages that detail check-in information for hotels or restaurant reservations, purchase confirmations and estimated delivery dates, promotions and sweepstakes opportunities, system outages, appointment reminders and more.
Specific features include:
- Behavioral data segmentation and complete performance reporting that captures recipient behavioral data on delivered messages, responses, actions and other details to help marketers improve targeting, segmentation and SMS best practices;
- Quick sending, which pre-builds automated programs and sends more immediate direct messages in a short period of time;
- Simplified content creation that features an integrated opt-in list curator, a link shortener and message composer with preview; and
- Opt-in list management to help manage key pieces of compliance with data protection regulations.
“Our focus has always been making our customers successful and our SMS automated marketing solution gives them the means to reach their audiences when and where it makes most sense,” said David Greenberg, CMO at Act-On, in a statement. “With this new solution, we aren’t simply checking a box and allowing our customers to send mobile alerts. We are providing growth-minded marketers the keys to an entirely new automation strategy to reach their audiences.”