New Research: Direct Mail Improves Multichannel Campaign Performance By Nearly 20%
- Written by Michael Rodriguez
- Published in News Briefs
PFL, a marketing automation platform, released its third-annual State of Multichannel Marketing Report, surveying 600 different marketers and recording their results over the last year. The report highlights the impact of direct mail on ROI, the importance of data accuracy, knowing a target audience and maintaining consistent brand messaging.
According to the report, 84% of respondents cited direct mail as a resource for improving multichannel campaign performance. Marketers who used direct mail saw an 18% increase in multichannel campaign ROI as opposed to marketers who did not.
Additional takeaways from the report include:
- The effectiveness of email marketing has decreased in 2020;
- Marketers that used between four and six different channels saw a higher response rate to their campaigns;
- Branding, data accuracy and buyer knowledge are important for multichannel campaign success;
- 41% percent of respondents reported “good” ROI when using direct mail in their multichannel campaigns; and
- Direct mail is the best channel to reach an executive audience.