Welcome back to Demand Gen Report’s blog series, Buzzworthy B2B. We’ve spent the past month watching the latest news and hottest trends in the industry and curated the top research statistics, financial news, personnel changes and more to keep you in the loop. Check out all the latest happenings in the B2B space throughout February 2022 below!
Best Of #B2BMX
The B2B community is buzzing about the B2B Marketing Exchange (#B2BMX), and who can blame them? It was filled with esteemed speakers sharing actionable insights and nuggets of wisdom. If you missed the in-person event, don’t worry — DGR is offering an on-demand package starting on March 14. Here’s what you can expect:
- Helpful advice from B2B marketing’s biggest stars;
- Access to all the high-profile keynote addresses, including Marcus Sheridan (aka, “The Pool Guy”);
- Advice on how to win the talent war waging throughout The Great Resignation, navigate the hybrid world and move environmental, sustainable and governance (ESG) initiatives to the forefront;
- The journey to create stronger content, increase internal collaboration and the route from ABM to ABX; and
- Much more!
Top 5 Takeaways
- Over the next three years, business and customer experience (CX) leaders plan to seek ways to diminish reliance on traditional surveys, as 60% of organizations with voice of the customer (VoC) programs will supplement traditional surveys by analyzing voice and text interactions with customers by 2025.
- New research found that 41% of marketers plan to use AI tools this year — a sharp increase from 2021’s 18%. Additionally, 72% of marketers are executing ABM programs, which increased 20% from 2021.
- Multiple companies made moves in the content space, as CONTENTgine released a content indication platform designed to provide access to its proprietary first-party account intent and categorical content insights. Additionally, Conductor will acquire real-time website auditing solution ContentKing to strengthen its platform withreal-time SEO auditing and change management to improve and maintain search engine visibility.
- Over on the intent data side of B2B, RollWorks teamed up with G2 to provide richer insights into buyer intent, while Clearbit launched a new B2B data activation platform to help marketers create demand, capture intent and optimize their pipeline.
- As cookies continue their fall from grace (due to Google privacy restrictions), Acxiom integrated its Real Identity feature with enterprise customer data platform (CDP) Treasure Data to enable full-funnel personalization, measurement and attribution and help brands identify, acquire and retain customers while relying on cookie-less technologies.
New & Noteworthy
- Technology media company IDG Communications rebranded as Foundry to mark its transformation from legacy media network to integrated marketing technology and data provider. As Foundry, the company plans to pair large-scale first-party data with a combination of acquired and home-grown marketing technologies.
- Corporate Visions will incorporate AI-powered sales coaching platform Second Nature into its sales messaging certification and fluency coaching programs to provide an automated feedback and assessment program.
- ZoomInfo introduced RevOS, its new operating system for revenue professionals that helps provide a unified system for sales, marketing, operations and recruiting teams by delivering the data, insights, software and integrations needed to achieve growth potential in a new insight-driven era of digital selling.
- Casted enhanced its Casted Themes offering with a new ‘Written Content’ feature, designed to help customers connect their Casted account to their WordPress blog and import written content to the Casted platform.
- Brightcove Inc. acquired Wicket Labs to offer its customers access to Wicket Labs’ content and subscriber insights to help them better understand audience dynamics, sources of new subscribers, the subscriber journey and how to increase subscription revenue through data visualizations and dashboards.