ExactTarget debuted the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud, which will unite ExactTarget’s email, mobile, web, marketing automation, analytics and platform capabilities with social marketing products from Salesforce.com, including Buddy Media, Radian6 and Social.com. The announcement came this week at the company’s user conference, Connections 2013.
The next generation marketing cloud includes:
- Journey Builder, designed to power predictive product recommendations and content by mapping customer activity;
- Advanced Predictive Analytics, designed to enable marketers to leverage customer preferences to power predictive product recommendations;
- Enriched Mobile Messaging, designed to deliver location-based messages and multimedia SMS; and
- Advanced Email Solutions, designed to optimize for mobile email, automate data-drive campaigns and improve workflow.
The Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud is expected to be available to customers in Q1 2014. All Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud products will be available as standalone applications or as a fully integrated suite.
"The unprecedented level of innovation we are delivering will transform how marketers leverage digital marketing to drive phenomenal business results," said Scott McCorkle, President of Technology and Strategy for the SalesforceExactTarget Marketing Cloud.
The company also unveiled new email tools, including:
- Optimized Content. Streamline content with an expanded user interface and suite of workflow tools for collaboration, approval, cloud editing and content tracking with available integrations to content management systems.
- Data-Driven Customer Intelligence. Manage data in real time with drag and drop segmentation, ad hoc customer reporting, campaign performance benchmarking from Return Path and Gmail Tabs engagement data.
- Predictive Analytics. Create more relevant emails using behavioral web data to enrich, connect and predict email content.
- Mobile Email. Increase mobile engagement with mobile preview, pre-header text, responsive templates and device-specific data.
Also announced was the iGoDigital’s suite of personalization products including:
- Marketing Cloud Integration. Integrates seamlessly with the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud’s contact model, calendar and messaging and data management applications.
- Predictive Content. Powers predictive product recommendations and content in email and on the web based on customer behavior.
- Behavior-Driven Segmentation. Segment and target email, mobile, social media and web messaging with behavioral data and rule-based personalization.
ExactTarget also expanded mobile marketing suite, including:
- Location-Based Messaging. Enables marketers to easily define location and parameters to power location-based messaging to apps on smartphones or tablets.
- Rich Push. Expands app-based push messaging with new capabilities to combine multi-media content with standard push messages or with an in-app message displayed in the mobile app inbox.
- MMS. Enables marketers to power mobile messages featuring images, video and audio content.
- Marketing Cloud Integration. Provides seamless integration with the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud’s contact model, calendar and integrated messaging and data applications to optimize mobile messaging within the customer lifecycle.