New Research: 80% Of Marketers Concerned Data Vendors Are Not GDPR Compliant
- Written by Elise Schoening
- Published in News Briefs
Eighty percent of marketers are concerned that their marketing technology vendors are not fully GDPR complaint and may expose their company to legal risks, according to new research from Demandbase and Demand Metric.
The research, which surveyed 255 marketers in June 2018 after GDPR had taken effect on May 25, found that the top GDPR-related challenges for marketers were understanding GDPR (57%), managing data (44%), gathering consent (40%) and technology barriers (37%).
Additional findings include:
- More than 90% of respondents believe data privacy can help marketers create a better customer experience and build trust with buyers;
- 23% of marketers were not aware of GDPR;
- Of those who were aware, only 32% said their companies are fully compliant; and
- 22% are not spending any money to ensure GDPR compliance.
"GDPR compliance is particularly important for the B2B industry because no company wants to do business with another company that's going to be a liability for them," said Fatima Khan, Chief Privacy Officer of Demandbase, in a statement. "Companies have to recognize that GDPR isn't a single compliance action, but instead is the start of a continuous process of reevaluating privacy compliance as technologies and data processes evolve.”