New Research: Webinar Viewing Time Increases 27%
- Written by Elise Schoening
- Published in News Briefs
Webinar creation and consumption are on the rise, according to the 2018 Webinar Benchmarks Report from BrightTALK, a content and demand marketing platform. The report, which analyzed more than 14,000 webinars posted to the BrightTALK platform over the past year, shows that webinar production has increased 40% and the average viewing time has grown 27% to 42 minutes.
The report also revealed the increasing importance of sharing on-demand webinars immediately after a live event. Nearly half (48%) of on-demand webinar views occur within the first 10 days after an event ends, while an additional 26% views occur over the following 10 days.
Other key findings include:
- Email conversions for webinars rose 31%;
- The average webinar completion rate is 36.2%;
- Webinar consumption is highest earlier in the week, particularly on Mondays, which average a 38% attendance rate;
- The best time to hold a live webinar in North America is 8 a.m. or 9 a.m.; and
- The most popular webinar content categories are training and upskilling, industry and insight trends and how-to explanations.
“This year's study clearly demonstrates the growing importance of conveying your company's story in an open and conversational format,” said Paul Heald, CEO and Co-founder of BrightTALK, in a statement. “As webinars continue to evolve, they are becoming an increasingly core part of the marketing mix.”