TechTarget, a provider of B2B technology purchase intent data and services, entered a definitive agreement to absorb Informa Tech’s digital businesses to create a global platform in B2B data and market access. The combined company — referred to as New TechTarget — will focus on helping vendors in enterprise technology and other markets accelerate revenue growth.
The Informa businesses that TechTarget will acquire include Omdia, a technology research firm; Industry Dive, a provider of specialist content for decision makers; a portfolio of digital media brands, such as InformationWeek, Light Reading, Dark Reading, Network Computer and AI Business; NetLine, an intent-driven lead generation platform; and access to IIRIS, Informa’s B2B data platform.
The strategic benefits of New TechTarget reportedly include:
- A larger research scope and greater access to first-party purchase intent data;
- Enhanced scale across geographics, verticals and market expertise;
- Expanded total addressable markets;
- Increased product diversification to support all phases of the go-to-market journey; and
- The ability to capitalize on the development and launch of new AI products.
“We believe that the importance of permission-based audiences and first-party data is growing exponentially, and this combination positions New TechTarget to capitalize on these impactful trends by increasing our first-party intent signals, archive of original content, traffic footprint and size of our permission-based audience,” said Michael Cotoia, CEO of TechTarget, in a statement. “I look forward to working with Informa Tech CEO Gary Nugent to combine our talented teams, drive new growth opportunities and unlock the full potential of this combination.”