Mailgun, a Sinch company, announced that InboxReady by Sinch, a deliverability platform integrated with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, is now available on the Salesforce AppExchange. The platform seeks to enable marketers to connect their InboxReady and Salesforce Marketing Cloud accounts to monitor and manage deliverability results from a single dashboard.
The InboxReady platform is designed to equip users with the data they need to identify and correct email deliverability issues through capabilities such as seed testing, email verification and analytics. Specific features include:
- Inbox placement testing, which enables marketers to see if an email will land in an inbox or a tab before they send;
- Email preview, to provide visibility into issues such as bad formatting, broken links and code problems prior to sending;
- Email verification that can help clean up existing contact lists and integrate into website forms or app signup processes to verify new users, as well as assign risk factors to unengaged emails;
- Blocklist monitoring, which enables marketers to track IPs across a curated list of blocklist providers to spot and address problems in real time; and
- Spam trap monitoring to help users understand the quality of their email lists.
“As users aim to engage their customers, the deliverability experts at Mailgun built InboxReady to be the software of choice to ensure their emails will land where they need them,” said Josh Odom, CTO of Pathwire, a Sinch company, in a statement. “From email verifications to inbox previews to the data generated to explain the success of a campaign, InboxReady helps email campaigns every step along the way.”